🧵 T.H.R.E.A.D. Your Content
Have you ever spent hours laboring over an “epic masterpiece” of content that gets no response when you publish and share?
On the other hand, have you ever published a rushed piece of content that gets more traffic, shares, or comments than you would expect? It happens all the time.
The truth is, the value of your content is not based on the time you spend crafting it, or how polished your final work is.
Instead, your content is valuable when it is clear, compelling, and leads your audience to some kind of positive change.
So how do you knock that out of the park every time, without spending hours crafting each masterpiece? A trusted template.
Create Compelling Content in Minutes
Neal Samudre, Michael Hyatt’s personal copywriter, developed a framework for creating compelling content in 30 minutes or less.
We don’t use this framework for every piece of content, but it’s been used to create viral articles read by 5 million people in a single week.
The T.H.R.E.A.D. framework is designed first for writing, but the same framework works great as an outline for a podcast or video as well.
- Title. Start with a specific, eye-catching title that clearly pulls your audience in, based on a problem you know they already have.
- Hook. Grab your audience’s attention with the first chunk of text. Directly address the pain that your audience feels.
- Relate. Make the problem personal by sharing your own experiences as if you were confiding in a friend.
- Emphasize. Articulate the cost of leaving the problem unsolved, and highlight the value of solving the problem.
- Apply. Give your audience easy-to-follow takeaways that form a solution for the problem at hand.
- Download. Offer a resource that takes the solution to the next level, free in exchange for an email address.
That’s it; the T.H.R.E.A.D framework is short and simple. Why don’t you try it for yourself?
Pick a simple topic, set a timer for 30 minutes, and get to work. Then reply to let us know what you create as a result!