In this episode of the Unleash Your Blog podcast, you’ll hear a recorded coaching call with Jonelle Hilleary where we talk about how to avoid technical overwhelm when building a business online.
We dive into the trouble with multi-level marketing online, what setup to use for selling digital products, and how to use her existing expertise to launch a blog-based business.
In this recorded coaching call with Jonelle, you’ll learn:
- The main takeaways from this call (which you can learn from too)
- How Jonelle got clarity on her target customer avatar with real people
- What it means to pursue “no collar” rather than a blue or white collar audience
- Why Jonelle considers her blog secondary to her website―and my thoughts on that
- Should you use an all-in-one platform like Teachable instead of hosting courses yourself?
- The reason I’m in the process of ditching my custom course platform completely
- How to completely avoid technical overwhelm while you’re building a business online
- What “PLR” is and why Jonelle is using those to get a head-start on her digital products
- The danger of spending too much time & energy on planning instead of getting work done
- How to use Teachable and Gumroad to sell eBooks and video courses side-by-side
- The full tool setup I recommend you use for selling digital or physical products
- When to use Shopify instead of Gumroad for selling your products online
- The story behind how we created Project LAUNCH Bootcamp on live video
- How I decided what topic to cover in my first successful online course
- Why you should never start with the product in mind (and what to do first instead)
- The “Employee Mode” mindset you have to get rid of to ensure your success
- Notable Themes (start a new blog-based business)
- Jonelle Hilleary’s Blog
- Melyssa Griffin’s Blog (The Nectar Collective)
- Teachable (All-on-one course platform)
- Gumroad (Sell digital products online)
- Typeform (Survey your audience)
- Bryan Harris’s Blog (Videofruit)
- Project LAUNCH Bootcamp (online business strategy course)
- Click here to leave a review on the podcast in iTunes
Get Your Action Guide
Download your copy of the Unleash Your Blog action guide!
You'll learn how to turn your blog into a thriving online business.