In this episode of the Unleash Your Blog podcast, Danny Coleman and I answer listener questions related to building a blog-based online business.
We’ve got some great questions on audience surveys, growing an email list, and legal mumbo jumbo surrounding an online business. Listen in!
- Ron Parks asks “What software should I use to survey my audience?” 1:17
- How many questions to include in your reader survey 2:48
- Kim Fredrickson asks “How do you use your social media following to grow your email list?” 5:35
- Why every email optin has a real cost to your subscriber 7:32
- How “Lead Generation Cards” help you get email subscribers on Twitter 8:10
- The best ways to grow your email list from a Facebook audience 9:20
- Jacob Clingan asks “What one piece of advice would you have for creating a revenue stream to go solo with my online business?” 10:25
- What goals to set as you transition from day job to full-time with your online business 11:45
- Jenelle Daniels asks “Is it better to set up an online shop via your own website or use a web-based tool like Gumroad?” 13:30
- Why I believe Gumroad is the best of both worlds in digital commerce 14:45
- The key difference between WordPress and other platforms like Squarespace and Shopify 16:25
- Mike Lardi asks “How do you set yourself up for business legally?” 16:45
- A sneak peak at what we’ll be talking about in next week’s episode 22:10
- Free month trial of ConvertKit (email marketing software)
- Typeform (audience survey software)
- Gumroad (digital commerce platform)
- Click here to download the top questions to include in your reader survey
- Episode 2: How to Make Your First $100 from Blogging Online
- 30 Day Challenge: Jumpstart Your Online Business Right Now
- The Benefits of Filing for a Legal Business Right Now
Ask Your Online Business Questions
If you have a question about blogging, online business, or both click the button below to record it. We’ll do our best to answer every question on the show!
Get Your Action Guide
Download your copy of the Unleash Your Blog action guide!
You'll learn how to turn your blog into a thriving online business.