In this episode of the Unleash Your Blog podcast, you’ll hear a recorded coaching call with Alicia Meese (my mother), who is getting ready to launch a blog to help new homeschoolers.
We dive into getting clarity on your blog’s target audience, how that relates to your products & services, as well as the first steps you should take before you “launch” your blog to the world.
In this recorded coaching call with Alicia, you’ll learn:
- The main takeaways from this call for Alicia (which you can learn from too)
- A quick backstory on my family, siblings, and how old I am (in case you didn’t know)
- Why a blog-based business sounds appealing for a transition from stay-at-home mom
- My mom’s questions about what she should do before “launching” her new blog
- A look at how to clarify your blog’s target audience (in this case, “new homeschoolers”)
- What I mean when I clarify my mom’s audience as reluctant new homeschoolers
- Where my mom is right now in the Project LAUNCH Cycle
- Two things you must change on your website before you launch your new blog
- The best way to write your “About” page (and why it’s so incredibly important)
- The questions people ask themselves subconsiously when they first visit your website
- Why you should only talk about your problems in the past tense on your blog
- How to construct your first blog post with a “quick win” for your audience
- The difference between internal questions customers ask vs. what they actually search for
- Notable Themes (start a new blog-based business)
- Alicia Meese’s Blog
- StoryBrand from Donald Miller (branding strategy workshop)
- Episode 18: Getting Clarity with a Brand New Fitness Blog
- Facebook’s Q4 Earning Report (1.23 billion daily active users)
- Project LAUNCH Bootcamp (online business strategy course)
- Click here to leave a review on the podcast in iTunes
Get Your Action Guide
Download your copy of the Unleash Your Blog action guide!
You'll learn how to turn your blog into a thriving online business.